Stone Soup is a proactive consultancy with a social mission. Also a certified B Corp, we are organised as a network of 50 consultants in ten countries. We work online, using the main digital tools available to maximize the social impact of our clients. This paid internship provides the opportunity to learn about the international impact-oriented consultancy sector, as well as the management of a socially driven company. We are looking for a dynamic intern to support with his/her marketing and communication skills the work developed by Stone Soup.
15th May 2019 – 15th November 2019
30 working hours monthly - Online internship (no offline location)
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Work hand in hand with Stone Soup’s partners, access internal information related to our projects, innovating processes, agenda and network of contacts
- Perform communication and marketing skills in an international atmosphere, with a company based on very strong values and a societal mission
- Openly state his/her professional bond with Stone Soup as a M&C intern
- Join a community of professionals that works with several types of organisations that are interested in boosting their social value
The intern will have to develop the following tasks:
- Implement the activities included in Stone Soup’s Communication Plan during the internship’s period
- Attend Stone Soup’s operational monthly meetings with partners
- Coordinate the internal communication of the community: weekly emails, flow of information, answering the consultants’ queries, etc.
- Support the optimization of Stone Soup’s website: via SEO, analytics, etc.
- Support the implementation of Stone Soup’s Social Media Plan: strong Linkedin skills would be desirable
- Produce Stone Soup’s quarterly newsletter and other commercial materials
- Support the communication campaign of the Stone Soup Award on Research in Social Innovation
- Support the production of our image archive to strengthen the visibility of Stone Soup’s core services
- Support the coordination of the Stone Soup Academy and disseminate its trainings
Academic and professional profile of the intern:
- Marketing and Communication Degree
- Proficiency in English is a must. Other desirable languages: Spanish, Portuguese or/and French.
- Previous practical experience in a Communication & Marketing department as an intern/ assistant
- Experience implementing different communication activities: newsletters, trainings, press releases, article production, website news update, etc.
- Experience carrying out a social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)
- Good knowledge of online management tools such as Dropbox, Skype, Google Drive, Mailchimp, etc.
- Experience with the social business sector or third sector is a plus
- Experience using Salesforce CRM and Joomla for website is a plus
The intern's mentors will be Stone Soup's Communication Coordinator and Stone Soup's Managing Partner.
Once the internship period has come to an end, the intern will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Professionality and work ethics: capacity to fulfil weekly tasks
- Capacity to work in a team
- Capacity to work autonomously, time management skills
- Quality of deliverables regarding creativity, innovation and rigour
- Pro-activity and interest in Stone Soup’s work and community
- Involvement in Stone Soup internal activities and engagement with the consultants’ community
Interested? Please fill our online form by April 7th indicating that you're applying for the "Communication Internship Opportunity".
Keep in touch and learn about our opportunities, projects and events! Subscribe to our newsletters by filling this tiny form. It will just take you a minute!